Effective as of February 28, 2020
What personal data do we store?
For people who have logged in via Github on our website, we store these things in our database:
- Your username or full name from Github. This is so we can display information about who has implemented a merge freeze. This gets shown in the web control panel, Github status and Slack (if you have installed the Slack integration).
- Your avatar from Github. This is so you can see where your user settings are in our web control panel.
- The email address that you type in when you log in for the first time. This is so we can inform you of security alerts and other important notices as well as provide information and marketing materials to you about our services.
- The names of any Github accounts and repositories you have installed the Merge Freeze app on. This is so we can inform you of what repositories you have installed the app on in our web control panel.
- The branch names that you type in when setting up a new freezable branch. This is so we know which branch to freeze/unfreeze.
- Links to the settings page of your Merge Freeze Github app installation. This is so we can provide you a link to manage the app inside of Github.
For people who have interacted with Merge Freeze via the Slack integration, we store these things in our database:
- Your username or display name from your Slack profile. This is so we can display information about who has implemented a merge freeze. This gets shown in the web control panel and Github status.
- Your avatar from Slack. This may be used for display purposes in the web control panel when showing who has implemented a merge freeze.
- The Slack team name and channel that was provided during the setup stage of installing the Slack integration. This is so we can inform you which Slack team and channel has been tied to which freezable branch.
- The Slack configuration url that was provided to us from Slack during the setup stage of installing the Slack integration.
- Your IP address and web request information which may include any of the above information may be stored temporarily in our server logs. This is for debugging purposes and will not be stored for longer than 3 months.
- We use Google Analytics, so anonymous analytical data is sent there which can not be used to identify individuals.
What third party services do we use, and what data do they process?
- Papertrail (Log storage and display. Server logs as outlined above)
- Airbrake Error Monitoring (Error monitoring services. Web request data may be processed)
- ClearDB (Database provider, they maintain and host our database and all of the data outlined above)
- Heroku (Server infrastructure provider. Processes web requests, fetches data from ClearDB, stores logs in addition to Papertrail)
- Google Analytics (Anonymous website usage statistics)
- Github (Provides identity information and Github related data and services)
- Slack (Provides identity information and Slack related data and services)
- Mailchimp (Sends informative emails)
- Mailgun (Sends transactional emails)
How do you get all of your personal data deleted from our system?
Your email address, Github username and avatar is deleted from our system when you delete your user in the user settings panel of the web UI.
Your Github account name, repository names and branch names are deleted from our system when the Merge Freeze app is uninstalled from your Github account.
How do you get all of your personal data exported either in a machine readable or human readable format?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data processing agreement
In accordance with data processing regulation compliance we have a pre-signed Data Processing Agreement available to download from https://www.mergefreeze.com/mergefreeze-DPA.pdf. Once signed please email us a copy at email@example.com for our records.
Changes to this policy
Occasionally we may make changes to this policy. If we do we'll let you know by either displaying a notice in the UI of the Merge Freeze web app or by sending you an email.
Who should you contact if you have a complaint?